Skip to main content

Star vs. Basketball Wives…the Winners are, Basketball Thugs with Vaginas

 
Why do so many –in this case- black people live...really live in the manure that television spews? Why do we support what has caused the demise of a once Great Culture, Blackness? 

What happen to women being women of respect and dignity?

Yes...there are numerous black women behaving in a way that support the Great Culture of the past. When I think of the expectations that I have for my yet to be born daughter, I feel an immediate overwhelming sense of fear. I am terrified that my Porter will haphazardly stumble across a television train wreck (TV show) that will partially influence her...slightly encourage her to behave like an untamed human...gently push her towards what a woman is not:
Basketball Wives like many reality shows are poor examples of the American culture. In my travels all around this world for work (Peace Corps) and pleasure (Hedonism is off the chain, by the way), I have been in the unwanted position of explaining to a villager or a resort wait staffer that all Americans are not uninhabited beast. Particularly, when I get, "Why do black people act like that?" "Like what, Ms.?" That's the question I come back with knowing full-well where the conversation is headed.

The most recent opportunity for me to respond to the Like What question was a few weeks ago while basking in the Jamaican:
 The Response to my Like What Question:

‘Why do black women from America behave like those women on the show Basketball Wives and Atlanta Housewives?’

Due to my extreme discontent with the way black Americans have represented themselves in the COLLECTIVE, I refuse to answer the sincere question now…these days.

Once upon a time I did respond. I would state all the usual excuses and conclude by prefacing examples of Black Elegance: 
Overtime, I discovered that my continued and long-winded explanations were/are not as powerful as the junk box...nothing can stop the media infiltration that was created by the Jewish/European forces in Hollywood.

Ultimately, the reason for bad behavior displayed by the former Africans residing in Babylon is the responsibility of the poor excuses for Africans who pathetically claim/recite their American citizenship by reciting the pledge of allegiance - and who sadly do not know the words to:


Black people have created the stereotypes, we reinforce them every single day, and in turn Caucasians correctly remind us that we are the stereotype that has taken residency in their minds.

Face it…there is no group effort to represent Harriet Tubman in the most positive way. There is no collective effort to be worthy of an entrance pass to the Black Ancestral Heavens. None! The days of honoring your slave name with fear of getting a whipping and with Elder Instilled Integrity are long gone.

Gone like all of these poor examples of black femininity.


I applaud Star Jones for her most recent efforts to bring additional attention to the way countless black females are ill-representing Black Woman Divinity. I also applauded Star when she refused to bring herself to the lows of NeNe Leakes while on The Apprentice.


Star Jones proved in that moment of contention with NeNe that she is better. Unfortunately, several black women that I interfaced with the Monday following that episode were cheering for NeNe. And, get this: these women were not hood chicks!

Apprentice Teachers are what our young black women and men need. They don't need reality shows featuring black women/men behaving badly. Especially, black women with husbands who work for the Nicca Basketball League...Exploitation extended to the basketball wife and family. Shameful!
A praying man who behaves with decency and who has contributed to the empowerment of black people worldwide prays for a debonair Queen...not an Evelyn Lozada or the likes of her!

I thank my God that I have always had/have Black Queens in my life – and my Porter (unborn daughter) will be among those ranks of Porter's mother:



The Black Rebel


Comments

  1. Thanks for articulating what I have been thinking for quite some time. We have become out own worse enemy in that we have played into every stereotype of the angry, uncontrollable, profanity-laced black woman.
    Enough already!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Leader Rift

Egos are deadly. Toxic. Destructive. Al has a big one and Tavis has a gigantic one! Both men are good at what they do. Al is the last of the Frontline Go Getters and Tavis is still evolving. Tavis actually despite popular opinion has worked hard to help black people get to where they need to be: Over the Hump. His State of the Black Union ran its course thus the reason he “abandoned” it. I don’t too much plan him. He did his part. He re-started the dialogue. Challenged us to address our self-induced problems and encouraged us to defeat the American system-generated barriers. Al speaks the conscious of countless blacks. He is relentless in his efforts. Tough in his approach – more than likely not ‘bought’. Owned by an unseen force. He is criticized by many – but no one can take away from what he has done and doing. Unfortunately, both black men are now doing what The Powers can appreciate: Division Sadly, the beef is really over differences of opinion pertaining to President Barack Obam

Prepared to Quit on Black Folk

For me to quit on black people means that I have grown completely tired of our excuses and repulsed by our justifications for our condition. It also means that I am sacrificing my Fight the Power mentality. Removing it from my thought process completely so that I can have some P eace . After all these years of standing in the Pro Blackness of American discourse I have decided to sacrifice what my soul pushes in the forefront of my ideology so that I can finally sleep. I am here at this place. This moment. Like so many: Tired and Defeated . Taken down by my brothers and sisters; and not beat-up by the White Power Structure. It is us (the black man and woman) who has lost a fighter. A soldier. If only we could have collectively moved in that direction of taking responsibility. As our ancestors did. Warren Balentine, Radio Talk Show Host, said today: "I will no long jump down the white man's neck when there is a so called injustice perpetrated on black people...I certainly under

A Day of Protest: What Difference did it Make?

When I applied for the Peace Corps my uncle Jerry asked me, “What are you doing? Stay home and do some good. Do you really think you are going to make a difference?” At that very moment, I felt deflated. All the motivation to do something sacrificially worthwhile quickly left my body. I was somewhat in agreement with his skepticism because I knew what he was implying; and I also believed his blunt hint: ‘No change will come as a result of your two year sacrifice.’ I could have allowed Uncle Jerry to discourage me from facing the challenge and the disappointment – but nothing could penetrate my straight out of college idealism. Not even known defeat…or was it accurate pessimism? Either way, I was ready to conquer and change the world. Ready like I was this past Friday. Embolden to be one in solidarity with the Palestinians. But, filled with anxiety when and if I faced a critic and/or Israel sympathizer. While I did not sacrifice too much, I did have to endure the looks and the whispers